5 Steps To Survive A Boring Meeting
- This is guaranteed to liven up a boring meeting!
- Do you keep falling asleep in meetings and seminars?
- What about those long and boring conference calls?
- Here's a way to change all that:
Before (or during) your next meeting,seminar, or conference call:
- Prepare for the meeting by drawing a square - 5 x 5 is a good size.
- Divide the square into columns - five across and five down.
- In each block, write one of the following words or phrases:
- Whenever you hear any one of those words or phrases, check off the appropriate block.
- When you get five blocks horizontally, vertically,or diagonally, stand up and shout "BULLSHIT!"
|synergy|||||strategic fit|||||core competencies|||||best practice|||||bottom line|
|revisit|||||take that off-line|||||24/7|||||out of the loop|||||benchmark|
|value added|||||proactive|||||win-win|||||think outside the box|||||fast track|
|result-driven|||||empower(ment)|||||knowledge base|||||at the end of the day|||||touch base|
|mindset|||||client focus(ed)|||||ballpark|||||game plan|||||leverage|
Testimonials from satisfied "Bullshit Bingo" players:
I had been in the meeting for only five minutes when I won.
My attention span at meetings has improved drastically.
What a gas! Meetings will never be the same for me.
The atmosphere was tense in our last process meeting as 14 of us waited for the fifth box.
The speaker was stunned as eight of us screamed BULLSHIT! for the third time in two hours.