Corporate Wisdom From Will Rogers
Simple but Brilliant and full of truths! Enjoy!
Enjoy the following:
- Never slap a man who's chewing tobacco.
- Never kick a cow chip on a hot day.
- There are two theories to arguing with a woman .
- Always drink upstream from the herd.
- If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.
- If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some influence,
try ordering somebody else's dog around.
- It don't take a genius to spot a goat in a flock of sheep.
- The quickest way to double your money is to fold it and put it back into your pocket.
- There are three kinds of men:
The ones that learn by reading.
The few who learn by observation.
The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.
- Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
- If you're riding' ahead of the herd, take a look back every now and then
to make sure it's still there.
- Lettin' the cat outta the bag is a whole lot easier'n puttin' it back.
- After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring.
He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him.
The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.
- When you give a lesson in meanness to a critter or a person, don't be surprised if they learn their lesson.
- When you're throwin' your weight around,
be ready to have it thrown around by somebody else.
- And finally - Never miss a good chance to shut up.
ABOUT GROWING OLDER...
- Eventually you will reach a point when you stop lying about your age and start bragging about it.
- The older we get, the fewer things seem worth waiting in line for.
- Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me; I want people to know 'why' I look this way. I've traveled a long way, and some of the roads weren't paved.
- When you are dissatisfied and would like to go back to youth, think of Algebra.
- You know you are getting old when everything either dries up or leaks.
- I don't know how I got over the hill without getting to the top.
- One of the many things no one tells you about aging is that it is such a nice change from being young.
- One must wait until evening to see how splendid the day has been.
- Being young is beautiful, but being old is comfortable.
- Long ago, when men cursed and beat the ground with sticks, it was called witchcraft. Today it's called golf.
And, finally ~ If you don't learn to laugh at trouble, you won't have anything to laugh at when you are old.